- US citizens: need I-9 form if at SLAC for more than 5 days.
- Others: need ALL immigration paperwork; PLEASE READ the
Guidelines for Foreign Travellers and contact the
coordinator with any questions. This could be critical for
reimbursement of expenses!
- Arrangements: you must make and pay for your own arrangements;
please read the detailed instructions,
and contact the coordinator with any questions.
- Reimbursable Expenses: domestic airfare on a US carrier;
car rental or other local transportation;
and a per-diem for meals and incidental expenses.
- Reimbursement procudure: sign an expense claim form while you are
here; mail original receipts to the coordinator once the trip is
concluded; reimbursement will be mailed to you.
- Stop at the guardhouse on the way in, they may require
identification and ask where you are going, which is guest house or
the coordinator's office.
SLAC Maps and Parking
- As you enter the lab, turn left for the Guest House, building
49, or right for the coordinator's office, building 48. Both
are very close to the entrance and parking should be available.
Outside of SLAC
Tips for Successful Presentation
- Talks are nominally 50 minutes with 10 minutes for questions.
However, questions arise at any time, so be prepared for
- The audience contains a mix of experimental and theoretical
particle physicists of all ages, as well as various others.
Please make the talk understandable to an advanced graduate
student in a different subfield.
- The projector does not show some colors well, so try to avoid
yello (ROOT color number 5),
green (ROOT color 3),
and cyan (ROOT color 7).
Last modified: June 2012. Website contact: