Helen Rhoda Quinn 1943 -
Professor (Emeritus), Theoretical Physicist
Professional and Biographical Information
- Great Talks at the American Philosophical Society (Podcast: Season 2, Episode
1, 2020): Helen Quinn on Doing and Teaching Science (Interview by Dr. Patrick Spero)
- Helen Quinn, Wikipedia entry
- Helen Quinn, Alchetron entry
- Helen Rhoda Quinn -- Theoretical Physicist, On Succeeding as a Woman in Physics. The Franklin Institute
June 11, 2018
- Helen Rhoda Quinn: Fierce Female Physicist Tackles
a Problem Even Einstein Couldn't Solve. Franklin Institute, April 19, 2018
- Helen Quinn, A Wormhole between Physics and
Education. Quanta Magazine, May 2, 2017
history interview 2014, Stanford Historical Society,
Pioneering Women Faculty series
You Could Be A Mathematician: How Helen Quinn overcame 1950s social mores to achieve scientific success. Abdus Salam International Center for
Theoretical Physics, 16/09/2013 Trieste, Italy
- STEM Interview: Helen Quinn -- Professor Emerita of Physics, Stanford University California STEM
Summit, Transforming Ideas into Action, 2012
- Helen Quinn: The New Framework for K-12
Science Education July 28, 2011, Lawrence Hall of Science
Awards and Honors
- Recipient, Benjamin Franklin Medal, 2018
2016 Karl Taylor Compton Medal for Leadership in Physics
- Recipient, 2013
J. J. Sakurai Prize for Theoretical particle Physics
- Recipient, 2008 Oskar Klein Memorial Lecture
and Medal, Stockholm university and the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- Australia Honors Helen Quinn as Honorary Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in the Queen's
Birthday Honours list, SLAC The Interaction Point, June 17, 2005,
- Recipient, Honorary Degree at University of Melbourne. SLAC The Interaction Point, March 18, 2005, p.4
- American Physical Society President, 2004. SLAC The Interaction Point, February 20, 2004, p. 1
- Elected to National Academy of Sciences, 2003. SLAC The Interaction Point, May 16, 2003, p. 1-2
- American Physical Society Vice President, 2001. SLAC The Interaction Point, December 2001, p. 3-8
- Recipient, 2000 Dirac Medal
- Helen R. Quinn and Yossi Nir. The Mystery
of the Missing Antimatter. Princeton University Press, 2014
- Harrison, P.F., ed., Quinn, Helen R., ed.,. The BABAR Physics Book: Physics at an
Asymmetric B Factory. United States: 2010. Web. doi:10.2172/979931. SLAC-R-504.
- Quinn, Helen. Of Quarks, Antiquarks, and Glue. SLAC Beam Line, Vol. 6 Special Issue #6. March 1984,
technical publications by Helen Quinn...
- Quinn, Helen. James Bjorken Celebration. SLAC The Interaction Point, August 2000, p.6
- Langeveld, Willy and Quinn, Helen. Education Program Studies Cosmic Rays. The Interaction Point, August 1999, p.1-3
- Quinn, Helen and Burton Richter. Scientific background to discovery of tau lepton.
The Interaction Point, October 1995, p. 3-4.
- Quinn, Helen, et al. Tribute to Brian [John Warr]. The Interaction Point, March 1992, p.5
- Quinn, Helen. Group Discusses Improvements in Education. SLAC The Interaction Point, November 1990, p. 8.
Helen Quinn papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC
staff may access descriptions of his papers by
clicking this link
and entering his last name in the search box at the upper right on that page.
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --