John R. Ehrman, 1935-2018
SLAC Computing Services, User Services Manager
Please add or view tributes, stories, and photos here.
Professional and Biographical Information
- University of Illinois, Ph.D. in physics, 1963
- SLAC computing, 1966 to 1983
- SHARE Users Group: Member (1964-2016), Fortran project leader, and
Board of Directors (1972-1974)
- IBM, 1983-2016
profile in inSPIRE
- John Ehrman Leaves
SLAC. SLAC Beam Line, Vol. 14, No. 5, May 1983.
- System/360 and assembler language programming. John R. Ehrman. 1971
- WYLBUR Tutorial. John R. Ehrman. SLAC-SCIP-USER-NOTE-078
- 'logical' Arithmetic On Computers With Two's Complement Binary Arithmetic.
John R. Ehrman. Commun.ACM 11 (1968) 517-520, Erratum: Commun.ACM 13 (1970) 697-698 SLAC-PUB-0302
- Divisors of Certain Mersenne Numbers. John R. Ehrman. Math.Comput. 21
(1967) 700-704 SLAC-REPRINT-1967-006 DOI:10.1090/S0025-5718-1967-0223320-1
- For further publications, search inSPIRE and Google Scholar
- John Ehrman papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC
staff may access descriptions of his papers by
clicking this link
and entering his last name in the search box at the upper right on that page.
- Archived photographs of John Ehrman may be accessed from the SLAC catalog in the
- The John R. Ehrman
collection and related materials are also held by the Computer History
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --