John R. Ehrman, 1935-2018
SLAC Computing Services, User Services Manager
Please add or view tributes, stories, and photos here.
Professional and Biographical Information
- University of Illinois, Ph.D. in physics, 1963
- SLAC computing, 1966 to 1983
- SHARE Users Group: Member (1964-2016), Fortran project leader, and
Board of Directors (1972-1974)
- IBM, 1983-2016
profile in inSPIRE
- John Ehrman Leaves
SLAC. SLAC Beam Line, Vol. 14, No. 5, May 1983.
- System/360 and assembler language programming. John R. Ehrman. 1971
- WYLBUR Tutorial. John R. Ehrman. SLAC-SCIP-USER-NOTE-078
- 'logical' Arithmetic On Computers With Two's Complement Binary Arithmetic.
John R. Ehrman. Commun.ACM 11 (1968) 517-520, Erratum: Commun.ACM 13 (1970) 697-698 SLAC-PUB-0302
- Divisors of Certain Mersenne Numbers. John R. Ehrman. Math.Comput. 21
(1967) 700-704 SLAC-REPRINT-1967-006 DOI:10.1090/S0025-5718-1967-0223320-1
- For further publications, search inSPIRE and Google Scholar
- John Ehrman papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC staff may access descriptions of
John Ehrman Papers held by the Archives.
- Archived photographs of John Ehrman may be accessed from the SLAC catalog in the
- The John R. Ehrman
collection and related materials are also held by the Computer History
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --