Max Dresden, 1918 - 1997
Visiting Scientist, SLAC
Consulting Professor in
History of Physics, Stanford University
Professional and Biographical Information
- The Rise of the Standard Model: Particle physics in the 1960s and 1970s. Proceedings,
Conference, Stanford USA, June 24-27, 1992. SLAC-REPRINT-1997-127
- Physics-particle physics: An Unsettled and unsettling relation. May 1993.
- Pions to quarks: Particle physics in the 1950s. Proceedings, 2nd International Symposium
on the History of Particle Physics, Batavia, USA, May 1-4, 1985. Fermilab, 1989. Published in
Cambridge, UK: Univ.Pr.(1989) 734 p
- Max Dresden publications indexed in
inSPIRE and in
- Max Dresden Author Profile in
The Max Dresden 1990-1996 Lectures at SLAC
are available online, and can be viewed (via RealPlayer).
Max Dresden papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC staff may access preliminary descriptions of
the Max Dresden Papers held by the AHRO.
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --