Max Dresden, 1918 - 1997
Visiting Scientist, SLAC
Consulting Professor in
History of Physics, Stanford University
Professional and Biographical Information
- The Rise of the Standard Model: Particle physics in the 1960s and 1970s. Proceedings,
Conference, Stanford USA, June 24-27, 1992. SLAC-REPRINT-1997-127
- Physics-particle physics: An Unsettled and unsettling relation. May 1993.
- Pions to quarks: Particle physics in the 1950s. Proceedings, 2nd International Symposium
on the History of Particle Physics, Batavia, USA, May 1-4, 1985. Fermilab, 1989. Published in
Cambridge, UK: Univ.Pr.(1989) 734 p
- Max Dresden publications indexed in
inSPIRE and in
- Max Dresden Author Profile in
The Max Dresden 1990-1996 Lectures at SLAC
are available online, and can be viewed (via RealPlayer).
Max Dresden papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC
staff may access descriptions of his papers by
clicking this link
and entering his last name in the search box at the upper right on that page.
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --