Joseph Ballam, 1917-1997
SLAC Professor and Research Division Head
Joe Ballam (left) and Dick Neal, 1983
Professional and Biographical Information
- Vector Meson Production by Polarized Photons at 2.8-GeV, 4.7-GeV, and 9.3-GeV. Joseph Ballam, G.B. Chadwick, Y. Eisenberg, E. Kogan,
K.C. Moffeit, P. Seyboth, I.O. Skillicorn, H. Spitzer, Guenter E. Wolf (SLAC), H.H. Bingham (LBL, Berkeley) et al.. Nov 1972. 88 pp.
Published in Phys.Rev. D7 (1973) 3150 SLAC-PUB-1143, LBL-1371 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.7.3150
- Bubble Chamber Study of Photoproduction by 2.8-GeV and 4.7-GeV Polarized Photons. 1. Cross-Section Determinations and Production of rho0 and
Delta++ in the Reaction gamma p --> p pi+ pi-. Joseph Ballam, G.B. Chadwick, R. Gearhart, Zaven G.T. Guiragossian, J.J. Murray, P. Seyboth,
Charles K. Sinclair, I.O. Skillicorn, H. Spitzer, Guenter E. Wolf (SLAC) et al.. Aug 1971. 136 pp. Published in Phys.Rev. D5 (1972) 545 SLAC-PUB-0941
- Search for millicharged particles at SLAC. A.A. Prinz, R. Baggs, J. Ballam, S. Ecklund, C. Fertig, J.A. Jaros, K. Kase, A. Kulikov, Willem
Gerhardus Johannes Langeveld, R. Leonard (SLAC) et al.. Mar 1998. 4 pp. Published in Phys.Rev.Lett. 81 (1998) 1175-1178 SLAC-PUB-7762
- Photoproduction of an isovector rho pi state at 1775-MeV.. SLAC Hybrid Facility Photon Collaboration (G.T. Condo et al.). Dec 1991.
Published in Phys.Rev. D43 (1991) 2787-2791 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.43.2787
- For further technical publications, search
inSPIRE and Google Scholar
Joseph Ballam papers held by the SLAC Archives, History & Records Office are
currently being processed, and are not yet open for research. SLAC
staff may access descriptions of his papers by
clicking this link
and entering his last name in the search box at the upper right on that page.
Archived photos of Joseph Ballam may be found in the SLAC catalog of the
SALLIE image repository.
Joe Ballam (left) and Sid Drell at SLAC Experiment vs. Theory Softball Game on June 16, 1984
Note: Some links on this page open pdf
files, which require the free Acrobat
-- Return to top --