SCS Internal Resources
26 Jan 1998
SCS Group | Central Computing Access
This page is under development. It is intended for primarily for SCS technical staff.
Problems, Outages, System/Network Upgrades
- View the last 40 Probtrak entries or search the Probtrak database.
- Search SCS's new Oracle database for user-requested and SCS-initiated services.
- View Happening Out There (H.O.T.) plates of scheduled outages and identified system problems that are being addressed. Updated daily. [Needs modern URL]
- Lists outages scheduled 24 hours in advanced. You may also subscribe to computing outage notices by mail. Send mail to email@example.com with the following line as the only line in the body of the message: subscribe comp-out [email-address].
If the impact is too severe, contact the person whose userid is given in the outage announcement.
- Logs incidents and system changes.
- Gives instructions and hints for how to resolve problems with UNIX and Networking services such as print, mail, and more.
- Contains UNIX system administration information and links for members of the SCS Systems group.
- (functional software, reports, etc)
- staff tools (functional software, reports, etc)
* Access to this link is restricted to authenticated users in AFS group g-scs.
N.B.: To succeed in using the Windows NT link, you must have
the TransARC AFS client in standard configuration
/afs/slac.stanford.edu mounted on drive S:).
+ Access to this link is restricted to users on SLAC computers.
Designed by Ilse Vinson and Joan Winters.
Owner: Ilse Vinson