SLAC Apartment #2
3 Rue de la Prairie
01630 St Genis-Pouilly
+33 (0) 184.108.40.206.92
Directions from CERN
View Larger Map
- Exit CERN. The bus icon in map 1 is Entree B.
Turn left on to Route de Meyrin in the direction of France.
- Cross the border to France.
- At the first rotary (where Route de Meyrin and
Route de l'Europe meet in map 1),
go straight (second exit).
- At the second rotary (map 2),
go straight (second exit) on to Rue de Geneve.
- At the third rotary, go straight (second exit). This rotaty is
at the intersection of Rue de Geneve and Rue de Malivert, but is not shown
in map 3 because it is
under construction at this time (May 2008).
- At the fourth rotary (Place des Fetes in map 4),
turn right on to Rue des Hautains (first exit).
- Turn right on to Rue de la Prairie.
- Go to the first building on the left.
- Go up the stairs and take the pedestrian bridge to the
- Use the door bell for 801.
- The SLAC apartment is on the first floor, the first door on the right
after entering the building. From the outside, it is the one with
the blinds down in this picture.
There are four keys for the apartment:
- Key to outside door and common areas is the rightmost in this
picture with the triangular handle.
- The apartment front door
has two locks. The second key from the left in this
picture is for the top, and the third key
from the left in this picture is for
- The key to the mail box is the leftmost in this
mail box is rightmost
second from the top.
Connecting to the Internet (updated 7/18/13)
- Find the network named "SLAC-apt2"
- Password is "SLACATLAS"
There is one indoor parking space. It is perhaps too inconvenient to use
on a daily basis.
to the garage is under the walkway to building entrance.
Use the remote control for the vehicular gate. The upper red button
in this picture opens the gate. It closes on
a timer. Drive forward and look for a space with an overhead chalk label
"10". Use the key in this picture to unlock the
door to the parking space.
If you are walking in, hold the thingamajig on the left side
of this picture near another
thingamajig on the gate, and pull open the door.
There are parking places just beyond the driveway to the underground
garage. There are also many parking spaces in the
shopping center just
before you reached the apartment.
Here are some pictures courtesy of Tom Markiewicz. The living room, patio area
bedroom 3, and
Occupants are expected to clean up after themselves in common areas
such as kitchen and bathroom as well as bedrooms. In addition, a cleaning
lady comes every two weeks. You may need to meet her to let her in.
The vacuum cleaner is made by Trisa Electronica, Model Dynamico 1800. You
can find replacement bags at many stores such as Media Mart.
Trash is separated into
- Paper, cardboard, etc.: yellow container
- Aluminum and glass, etc.: blue container
- Plastic bottles, etc.: green container
- Everything else, i.e., non-recycables: black containers, or shaft
To dispose of non-recycable trash, there is a small room right next to
the apartment. It is behind the door on your right hand side as you
step out of the apartment. The light switch is on the left as you
enter the room. In the far right corner is a metal contraption that
opens to a shaft behind the wall. Open the lid and push the pedal to
drop your trash bag.
Please read the instructions and do not shove in big objects like
cardboard boxes as that might clog the shaft and then the trash of the
entire building will pile up all the way to the roof.
For recycables, there is a set of yellow, blue and green containers in
the basement, close to the metal backdoor. You need the building key
to get there from either inside or outside. There is also a glass
container on the left parking lot as you come out of the bulding, as
well as a complete set of recycling containers at the edge of the big
parking lot on the right, which you pass by when you leave towards
Garbage collection appears to be on Friday mornings.
This still needs to be completed
Items we bought for the apartment