ESCC NMTF Network Monitoring Focal Group (NMFG)
Les Cottrell (SLAC), Last Update: September 29, 1996
NMTF Home Page |
SLAC WAN Monitoring |
The NMFG was formed at the Berkeley meeting of the ESnet Network Monitoring Task Force (NMTF)
in May 1996. The goals of the group are:
- Extend deployment of monitoring:
- Initially 4 sites (BNL,
SLAC) agreed to act
as focal sites. Each site will
monitor service quality from it to collaborator sites.
- Come up with common recommendations for baseline monitoring for focal sites (what to measure,
how often, and how).
- Document requirements for hosts being monitored (contacts, name of
reliable host, reverse traceroute ...)
- Document and share tools for collection, filtering, analysis and
- Where appropriate share raw data and document formats
- Make information (reports, documentation, tutorials etc.)
available on WWW
- Share results at appropriate venues such as collaborator meetings, ESCC, ESSC, DOE Telecom, IETF,
FNCAC working groups ...
Members (in no particular order):
ESnet X.500 pages
to get more information on the members.
|Les Cottrell - Chairman||SLAC||Connie Logg||SLAC
|Gary Haney||ORNL||Bill Wing||ORNL
|Dave Martin||HEPNRC||Bill Lidinsky||HEPNRC
|Michael O'Connor||BNL||Terence Healy||BNL