Question & Answer from HEP Internet Monitoring Talks CHEP97, Berlin April 1997
Paul Jeffries; edited by
Mini Workshop on HEP & the Internet |
Agenda for afternoon Monitoring session
The following are the questions and answers from the afternoon session of the
CHEP97 Mini Workshop on HEP and the Internet. This session was focussed on
HEP Internet Monitoring.
- Michael Ernst's talk:
- Harvey Newmann: Given the foreseen bottleneck into ESnet, and since the DFN
to ESnet link is well identified and short, it should not be too difficult
to upgrade this.
- Answer: Yes we should keep this in mind.
- Olivier Martin's talk:
- Gilles Ferranche: Making measurements from Web servers which may be
overloaded is not a good idea.
- Answer: It does give insight into whether a WEB server can organise his own
- Dean Carlen's talk:
- John Nash: Why not take a direct link from CanadaNET to the DC POP and
bypass the MCI congestion?
- Answer: Can you do this at the bandwidths required? ---- General view was
that it was worth investigating.
- Piroska Giese's talk:
- Russian Talk (Sergei Berezhnev):
- No questions.