Obtaining an HFAG computer account at SLAC
Members must obtain an account at SLAC in order to modify the group's
AFS resources (CVS repository, web pages).
The first step is to complete the online form of the
User's Organization. You need only fill out the required
fields. Use the following responses:
Once you have been assigned an active SLAC ID number (check using the
request a SLAC computer account following these
- SLAC Sponsor:
- SLAC Work Status: AFFILIATE
- SLAC Group/Dept: Research Division
- Current Expt/Activity: Heavy Flavor Averaging Group
- Expt/Activity Status: Other
Fax your completed "Declaration to be Signed by All Users of SLAC
Information Resources" to the SCS Help Desk at ++1-650-926-4003.
On the "SLAC Computer Account Form", request a "Central UNIX" account
and write "Join AFS group g-www:g-xorg-hfag" under "Additional
instructions or special group requrirements".
Send your completed account request form to Tim Gershon (who is serving at "Computer Czar" for these accounts). The easiest way is usually to scan the form and send it by email. If you prefer to send a fax, contact Tim to find the best number to use.
Once your account is setup, you should be able to get an AFS token
from any computer with AFS client software installed (not restricted
to SLAC computers). To test your account, try the following commands:
- klog -princ userid -cell slac.stanford.edu [ get your token ]
- cd /afs/slac.stanford.edu/www/xorg/hfag/ [ go to the top-level
HFAG directory ]
- pts membership g-www:g-xorg-hfag [ check that you have write
This page is maintained by Tim Gershon
and was last updated on Jan 2012