Rights and Responsibilities of SLAC Web Support Coordinators
The SLAC Web serves two primary functions: presenting the Laboratory to the
world and providing diverse resources for workers in the SLAC community. Your
role as a Web Support Coordinator (WSC) is to foster these goals by guiding Web
authors and users in your group. This document outlines specific rights and
responsibilities to help you get started.
- To information, training, equipment, and tools required to effectively
carry out assigned duties.
- To request assistance from the
Wide Web Coordinating Committee (WWWCC) and the
Technical Committee as needed.
- To access the WWWCC for intervention and/or conflict resolution.
- To be recognized for your role as Web Support Coordinators by inclusion in
your job description.
- To communicate computing and publishing policies of the Department of
Energy, Stanford University, SLAC, and the WWWCC.
- To keep current in appropriate Internet and World Wide Web technology and
the application of that technology for information dissemination.
- To recognize and comply with appropriate copyright and privacy laws,
accessibility and usability standards.
- To acknowledge ownership when information ownership belongs to another.
- To serve as group/department/division representative at Web Users Group
meetings (or designate a replacement).
- To serve as designated backup for group/department/division Web Authors.
- To provide oversight and management of WWW information in your
groups/department/division, as designated by group leader, department head, or
division director, including but not limited to the following:
- Monitor web authors for compliance.
- Implement and maintain proper computing security procedures to insure
the continued integrity of institutional files and information.
- Act as approver/manager of Web pages for group/department/division.
- Act as coordinator/liaison for group/department/division web server
- Provide web authors with resources/training/tools as needed.
- Provide a group web template if needed.
- Coordinate with Web Authors to develop a regular maintenance schedule
for group/department/division Web pages.
- Perform periodic oversight of Web pages belonging to
- Oversight of CGI programs/programmers, as needed.
Your charge comes from the
has been approved by the
Directors' Committee on Computing (ADCC).
11 February 2006 --