SASS is a student-run organization dedicated to serving the needs of students at SLAC.
We seek to build a student community that supports learning, communication skill development,
and exploration of research and careers. Each week we host seminars
delivered by and for SLAC students.
was written in the fall of 2008. It was
ratified at the January 2009 meeting.
SASS is run by two 'czars' who organize seminars. All students at
SLAC are welcome to provide feedback, give talks, or become czars. As of Summer 2016, we also have a faculty advisor who helps organize events and facilitates smooth leadership transitions between czars.
We thank SLAC's Particle Physics and Astrophysics
Stanford Fund and the Director's Office for providing refreshments for our seminars each week.
SASS was started in January of 2008 by Wells Wulsin and Manuel Franco Sevilla.
- Winter through Autumn of 2016:
- Noah Kurinsky & Dylan Rueter
- Summer and Autumn of 2015:
- Ozhan Turgut & Siqi Li
- Winter and Spring of 2015:
- James MacArthur & Ozhan Turgut
- Summer and Autumn of 2014:
- James MacArthur & Derrick Boone Jr
- February 2014:
- Henrik Bjerke
- Summer and Autumn of 2013:
- Crystal Bray & Hilary Noad
- Winter and Spring of 2013:
- James Allen & Winnie Liang
- Summer and Autumn of 2012:
- Helen Craig & Yeming Shi
- Winter and Spring of 2012:
- Mike Kozina & Kristi Schneck
- Summer and Autumn of 2011:
- Alex Drlica-Wagner & Alice Allafort
- Winter and Spring of 2011:
- Patty Voll & Katie Malone
- Summer and Autumn of 2010:
- Andrew Larkoski & Catherine Graves
- Winter and Spring of 2010:
- Warit Mitthumsiri & Joel Frederico
- Summer and Autumn of 2009:
- Dan Miller & Joshua Lande
- Winter and Spring of 2009:
- Steve Herrin & Daniel Ratner
- Summer and Autumn of 2008:
- Nicole Ackerman & Keith Bechtol
- Winter and Spring of 2008:
- Wells Wulsin & Manuel Franco Sevilla