Search SLAC Intranet Collections
Search our Intranet
Other Phone Books
What's New in Search
- Search SLAC Restricted Collections: You are now able to search our SLAC Intranet - which includes the webs located on our Windows Intranet server (https://www-internal.slac.stanford.edu) and files located in IP restricted areas on our Unix web server.
- New Features on Results Page
- Look for the collection name in red - it follows the URL and file size. If you find the results you want tend to be in a specific collection, you can select to search just that collection (use the check boxes in the search box to select collections).
- In the yellow area just under the search box, there are several links
that can help you find the result you are looking for:
- Score using date (this toggles to score without date and takes the file date out of the relevance ranking)
- Hide summaries (shows just the titles)
- Group by location (groups the results by where the files are located).
- On the public web search results page you will also see a "Highlight" link in the right column (under "Find Similar"). Click this link to see your search terms highlighted in the actual document, including PDF documents. This feature is not available for results of SLAC Intranet searches.
|Technique||Example||Finds Results That:|
|word variations (stemming)||admin||...begin with admin, such as admin, administration, administrators, and so on.|
|capital letters||BaBar, TIP, Dorfan||...contain these capitalized words. Use capital letters only if you want exact matches on words, for example, names of people, places, or organizations.|
|words||help desk||...contain either or both of these words.|
|quotes||"help desk"||...contain this exact phrase.|
|plus sign||+help +desk||...contains both of these words.|
|minus sign||help -desk||...contains the word help but not the word desk.|
|title:||title:holiday||...contains this word in the document title.|
|title: and quotes||title:"help desk"||...contains this phrase in the document title.|
|url:||url:holiday||...contains this word in the URL.|
|link:||link:detailed.html||...contains the word in the linked URL.|