Online Particle Physics Information
- HEP and Astrophysics Institutions
- SPIRES database of over 6,500 high-energy physics and astropartcle physics institutes, laboratories, and university departments in which research on particle physics is performed. Covers six continents and over a hundred countries. Provides an alphabetical list by country or an interface that is searchable by name, acronym, location, etc. Includes address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, and Web links where available. Has links to the recent HEP papers from each institution. Maintained by SLAC, DESY and Fermilab libraries.
- HEP Institutes
- Contains almost a thousand institutional addresses used in the CERN Library catalog. Includes, where available, the following: telephone and fax numbers; e-mail; and Web links. Provides free text searching and result sorting by organization, country, or town.
- Top 500 Institutions in High-Energy Physics
- Lists the 500 HEP-related organizations and universities that have published the most papers in the past five years, as identified from the SPIRES HEP Database. Provides active links to the home pages and full INSTITUTIONS database records. Listed by country, and then alphabetically by institution.
- Searchable worldwide database of over 40,000 people associated with particle physics, synchrotron radiation, and related fields. Provides e-mail addresses, country in which the person is currently working, and a SPIRES HEP database search for their papers. If individuals have supplied additional information, listings will also include the countries in which they did their undergraduate and graduate work, their professional url, and their (former) major professor as well as their current and past graduate students. It also provides listings of Nobel Laureates, country statistics, Lab Directors, etc.
- HEP Virtual Phonebook
- A list of links to phonebooks and directories of high-energy physics sites and collaborations around the world organized by site. Often provides links to more specialized phone or e-mail listings, such as a department within a university, visiting scientists, or postdocs. Some phonebooks may require passwords or other authentication to access. Maintained by HEPiC.
Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) Research Library
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) Research Library
(CERN) European Organization for Nuclear Research Library
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron Laboratory (DESY) Library
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) Library
Idaho National Laboratory (INL)Technical Library
(KEK) National Laboratory for High Energy Physics Library
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) Library
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) Library
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Library
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Library
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNL) Hanford Technical Library
Sandia National Laboratory Technical Library
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) Research Library
Thomas Jefferson National Acceleratory Facility (JLab) Library
- Directory of Publishers and Vendors:
- International directory of publishers and vendors used by libraries. Organized by publisher name, by subject (e.g. Science, Mathematics, and Technology), and by location. Also provides an e-mail directory. Has not been updated since 2004.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Association of Physics Teachers
American Astronomical Society
American Institute of Physics
American Mathematical Society
American Physical Society
European Physical Society
IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
Institute of Physics
International Union of Pure and Applied Physics
Japan Society of Applied Physics
Physical Society of Japan
Physical Society of the Republic of China
- Scholarly Societies Project
- Directory of more than 4,000 scholarly and technical societies with links to their Web sites. Permits searching by subject, country, language, founding dates, and more. Includes acronyms and indicates when a Web site contains both its native language and an English-language version and when it has a permanent URL. Provides direct links to society meeting and conference announcement lists, standards, and full text journals. Maintained by the University of Waterloo.
Updated: July 17, 2007