- A fundamental particle with the same quantum numbers as the
photon, but with a mass of 91.16 GeV. Like the W- and W+
particles, the Z is a carrier of the electroweak force.
Discovered at CERN in 1983, the production and study of this
neutral intermediate boson is the object of the SLC.
- Z Location
- Any SLC device has a Z location in meters (longitudinal
distance from some reference point). The reference point for the
SLC system is at the beginning of sector 1 (CID has negative
numbers). For example, QUAD 111 (the first magnet in sector 1)
has a Z position of 0.8000000 meters).
- Z Per Hour
- See ZPH.
- Zeroth-Order Design Report (NLC).
- The Greek letter (Z) used for the chromatic aberration
- an experiment conducted using the HERA collider.
- Hypothetical, highly exotic source capable of accelerating
particl es to1 ZeV.
- Originally, Zettabyte File System. A Solaris file system
that mana ges physical storage with storage pools.
- Zero Gradient Synchrotron (Argonne).
- Package that provides an interface to the standard gzip
compression algorithm for other FSW subsystems that use this
Glast Category: FSW, package
- Z Per Hour. A measurement of SLC luminosity, or Z production
- Indicates the last time a magnet standardization was lost. A
Send corrections to email@example.com
or propose new terms for SLACspeak.