Archives Month 2008 Contest
Celebrate American Archives Month at SLAC and Win!
The SLAC Archives & History Office is celebrating American Archives Month (October 2008) with a contest to help complete our collection of SLAC published newsletter. Archives staff have identified gaps in our holdings of SLAC popular periodical publications—like SLAC News, Beam Line, The Interaction Point (TIP), SSRL Users Newsletter, Computing@SLAC, etc. (see entire list)
Check your bottom drawer, your top shelf, the back of your cabinets and turn in any issues you find that will fill in gaps in our collection. You just might win a prize. And remember—the Archives & History Office is ALWAYS interested in documenting our lab’s history and is happy to consult with you about potentially historic records.
- Anyone can enter. You need not be a SLAC employee to enter.
- Each submitter is eligible for a participation prize.
- Each entry that fills a gap in the Archives’ collection will qualify the submitter for one chance in the end-of-month prize drawing. For example, if you fill 3 gaps, you get three chances.
- Send your submissions with your name and contact information to SLAC Archives &History Office Contest, MS 82.
- All entries must be received by October 30.
- Prizewinners will be announced in SLAC Today.