IOC Console Access (iocConsole)
The console to the SPEAR IOCs can be accessed using the LCLS python iocConsole script, developed based on the now-deprecated perl iocConsole script. For RTEMS and vxWorks ("hard") IOCs, iocConsole uses terminal servers. For soft linux IOCs, iocConsole connects to the task's IOC shell. Details supplementing iocConsole description:
- The screen host is beldar for all hard IOCs and connie, beldar, or remulak for soft IOCs. The screen shared account ($IOC_OWNER) is the spear account. The screen program is installed in /home/screen/bin on linux. All IOC (hard and soft) nodes are listed in $IOC/screeniocs.
- To connect to a hard ioc console:
Log into a spear linux server (connie, beldar, or remulak). iocConsole does not work on operations linux machines.
Aliases defined in $EPICS/epicsAliases can also be used to call iocConsole.
- See Unix IOC Setup for instructions to stop and start soft IOCs.
- The screenlog files are written to $IOC_DATA/<iocname>/screenlog.0. Currently, the screenlog.0 files are manually deleted (no cronjob is running to clean them up).
- The screen configuration file is $IOC_SCREEN/screenrc where IOC_SCREEN is set to $EPICS/app/spear/iocBoot.
SPEAR EPICS | SLAC Computing | SLAC Networking | SLAC Home
Contact: Stephanie Allison
Last Modified: Aug 20, 2014