Miscellaneous Ethernet DevicesEthernet devices listed here are miscellaneous devices that don't fit into the following existing ethernet-based device groups:
- VME Crates
- IOC CPUs
- Consoles and Hosts
- Terminal Servers
- LAN/GPIB Boxes
- PLCs and EtherNet/IP Modules
- Ethernet Power Supply Controllers
- EPICS Stream Device Support (used for all TCP/ASCII communication)
- EPICS Modbus Support
- EPICS ASYN Driver
Cutler-Hammer Motor Control Center IQ Analyzer 6630 EPONI Interfaces
Temperature Controllers and Input Meters
- Temperature Controller and Input Meter List
- Omega iSeries Temperature Controller (CNi16D) Product Page
- Omega iSeries User's Guide (Ethernet)
- Omega iSeries User's Guide (Commands)
- Omega DP41-B Input Meter Product Page
- Omega DP41-B User's Guide (Ethernet)
- Omega DP41-B User's Guide (Commands)
- Cryo-Con Model 14 Temperature Monitor Product Page
- Cryo-Con Model 14 User's Guide (Ethernet)
- Cryo-Con Remote Programming Guide
- Setup Instructions
Beckhoff PLC Interface
Motor Control Center EPONIs
Node Name IP Address MAC Addresss Description b118-mcc1 172.22.247.32 00:D0:AF:00:09:DB MCC-01 b118-mcc2a 172.22.247.33 00:D0:AF:00:09:DA MCC-02A b118-mcc2b 172.22.247.34 00:D0:AF:00:0B:1D MCC-02B b118-mcc3 172.22.247.35 00:D0:AF:00:09:DC MCC-03 b118-mcc4 172.22.247.36 00:D0:AF:00:09:D8 MCC-04
Temperature Controllers and Input Meters
Node Name IP Address Location Description Type and Configuration b120-lcwtc2bl02-0 172.22.247.80 ? BL02 M0 LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries b120-lcwtc3bl02-1 172.22.247.81 ? BL02-1 M0 Mirror LCW Temps (4 chans) and Pressures (2 chans) Cryo-Con b120-lcwpc1bl02-1 172.22.247.82 ? BL02-1 LCW Pressure 1 Omega DP41-B b120-lcwpc2bl02-1 172.22.247.83 ? BL02-1 LCW Pressure 2 Omega DP41-B b120-lcwtc1bl07-2 172.22.247.84 ? BL07-2 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries bl72tc1_Configuration.txt b120-lcwtc1bl08-1 172.22.247.85 ? BL08-2 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries bl82tc1_Configuration.txt b120-lcwtc1bl10-1 172.22.247.86 ? BL10-1 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries bl101tc1_Configuration.txt b120-lcwtc1bl10-2 172.22.247.87 ? BL10-2 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries bl102tc1_Configuration.txt b131-lcwtc1bl11-1 172.22.247.92 ? BL11-1 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries b131-lcwtc1bl11-2 172.22.247.91 ? BL11-2 M0 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries b131-lcwtc1bl13-0 172.22.247.88 ? BL13-0 M1 Mirror LCW Supply Temp Omega iSeries bl13tc1_Configuration.txt b131-hefcb131 172.22.247.89 B131, Rack 1103 B131 Helium Flow Omega DP41-B b131-hefcb120 172.22.247.90 B131, Rack 1103 B120 Helium Flow Omega DP41-B b137-hepc1b137 172.22.247.93 B137E Helium Pressure Tank to SSRL Omega DP41-B, Scaling Configuration b137-hepc2b137 172.22.247.94 B137E Helium High Pressure Omega DP41-B
Node Name IP Address Location Description b117-modbus1 188.8.131.52 spare spare b131-modbus1bl05 172.22.247.224 B131, Rack 523 BL5 CX8090 b130-modbus1bl13 172.22.247.225 B130, Rack 1330 BL13 CX8090
Other Ethernet Devices
Node Name IP Address Location Description not assigned not assigned B34, Rm 250 Keithley 2701 Digital Multimeter (User Manual) smbv100a255741 184.108.40.206 Jim Sebek Rohde-Schwarz Vector Signal Generator (User Manual) spearosc1 220.127.116.11 Gierman Scope ssrlosc05 18.104.22.168 Sebek Scope psmscope1 22.214.171.124 B140-R106A TDS 3054B Oscilloscope - exit web page when finished! psmscope2 126.96.36.199 B140-R321 TDS 3054C Oscilloscope - exit web page when finished! speartuner 188.8.131.52 Huang Agilent 33220A Arbitrary Waveform Generator ssrl-pc90525 184.108.40.206 Georg Gassner Windows PC used for the Hydrostatic Leveling System (HLS) b118-epsc-test2 220.127.116.11 B117 Comp Room APC AP7900 AC Switch (User Manual, pinout) acsw-b34-nw08 18.104.22.168 B34, Rm 250 APC AP7900 AC Switch (User Manual, pinout)
Temperature Controller Setup InstructionsStarting with the device at factory default settings (Omega iSeries only):
To add the device to EPICS:
- The device only support 10 Mbit/sec so use an ethernet port that is set to either auto-negotiate or 10/half.
- The node name is assigned by the beamline controls group and added to the firewall so that TCP port 2000 is open to the beldar and connie linux servers.
- Using a PC on the same subnet, enter at the DOS command prompt:
route add 192.168.1.200 <your PC IP address>
- If the device pings, use telnet to set up the network configuration and number of TCP clients:
telnet 192.168.1.200 2002
Enter default admin password listed in manual
s -IP<device IP address>
To exit telnet, type control-] and quit.
- Configuration can also be done using the device web page. Enter http://192.168.1.200 for the URL and follow instructions in the manual.
- Configure the device so that it displays in degrees C and with one number after the decimal point. Also, all controller input sensors are RTD with European Calibration Curve and 4 wires connection. Configure it as 100 ohm RTD 385.4.
- Add the device to the $EPICS_APP/EtherIoc/prod/etherIocApp/Db/tempControlAll.substitutions file.
- Add the device IP address to the soft-ioctemp IOC startup file and restart the IOC.
- Omega iSeries only - During startup initialization, the IOC automatically configures the device so that it displays in degrees C and with one number after the decimal point. Any further configuration can be done using the general purpose (Debug) EPICS stringout record.
- Omega iSeries only - Every 10 minutes or so (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter), the device does not reply to an IOC request and appears to just drop the request on the floor. The IOC stream device support logs a message in $IOC_DATA/soft-ioctemp/screenlog.0 when this happens. A glitch trap in the IOC database is added to prevent "flicker" of PV status.
- Omega iSeries only - Since the device is configured as one-client servers, once soft-ioctemp is up and the TCP connection is made, no other TCP client is allowed. The device web page is still accessible but has limited functionality. Access control is allowed, however, and the device can be power-cycled from the web (the IOC automatically reconnects after a power cycle). When attempting forbidden actions from the web page while the IOC is up, the device will sometimes stop responding to IOC requests for up to 60 seconds.
- Add the "Temp" record to Alarm Handler configuration files and restart ALH. Add lines so that notification of any MINOR or MAJOR alarm is emailed to the list of users in the BL_TC_USERS environment variable defined in the alh startup script.
- Add the "Temp" record (readback at 10 sec) and the "TempSetptRdbk" record (setpoint) to history using the PV database web interface. The IOC uses "TempSetptRdbk" to calculate alarm limits on "Temp" so it must be restored on IOC restart in case the device is down at the time of the restart.
Motor Control Center Setup Instructions
Item Value IP Address <MCC IP address> Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 172.22.247.1 Master 1 Address 22.214.171.124 Master 2 Address 126.96.36.199 Read-Only OFF Serial Baud Rate 9600 Socket Port 5150
Rohde-Schwarz Vector Signal Generator (SG) Primitive PV Interface
- Connect to the SG:
- Set SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.CNCT to "Connect" or "1".
- Wait a generous second for the connection to happen before writing any more PVs.
- Once connected, there is no need to set CNCT again until the box is power-cycled, ioc reboot, network cable disconnect/reconnect, or any other network glitch.
- Write to the SG without a response back:
- Set SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.TMOD to "Write" or "1".
- Set SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.AOUT to the desired command WITH the newline "\n". 80 chars max.
- Query the SG:
- Set SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.TMOD to "Write/Read" or "0".
- Set SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.AOUT to the query string WITH the newline "\n". 80 chars max.
- Wait a little while for the query and response to happen.
- Get SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.TINP and parse out the response (check for the newline "\n" at the end). 80 chars max.
- If TINP is not what you expect, check for errors:
- Get SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.CNCT - it should still be "Connect".
- Get SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.ENBL - it should be "Enable" or "1".
- Get SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.STAT and SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.SEVR. They should be 0 and 0.
- Get SPEAR:SPR-SG1AsynControl.ERRS - it will provide a string message of the problem.
SPEAR EPICS | SPEAR Home | SSRL Computing/Networking | SSRL Home | SLAC Computing | SLAC Networking | SLAC Home
Contact: Stephanie Allison
Last Modified: Apr 13, 2015