Thruput measurements SLAC-Caltech
- Work on the NTON connections between Caltech and SLAC
- Test with 8 OC3 adapters on the Caltech Exemplar multiplexed across to a SLAC Cisco GSR router.
- Purchased a Dell dual Pentium III 860MHz based server with two OC12 ATM cards, running W2K. Configured to allow aggregate transfer of more than 100 Mbytes/seconds in both directions Caltech ? SLAC.
- Measured 324Mbits/s SLAC to Caltech over OC12 (622Mbps) with 1Mbyte window
- Monitoring tools installed at Caltech/CACR
- Surveyor device at SLAC, install soon at Caltech; for very precise measurement of network traffic speeds
- PingER installed to monitor WAN HEP connectivity