This figure is available in a variety of formats, each of which
has advantages and disadvantages, depending on how you intend
to use the figure.
- Encapsulated Postscript (eps)
- This is probably the best format if you intend to embed this
figure in a document such as a TEX paper.
- Plain Postscript (ps)
- This is probably the best format if you intend to print
- This is probably the best format if you intend to embed
the figure in a web page (HTML document).
- This is a format similar to GIF, and can be used to embed
figures in web documents. JPEG figures may take less space than
GIF figures, (especially for "real-world" images such as photographs)
however support for JPEG is much less ubiqutous than for GIF.
The figures are stored in encapsulated postscript.
Accessing other formats may take up to a minute as the
figure must be converted to the requested format.
Some of the postscript figures are very large and may take a
long time to send over the network.
This page created by vieweps.
This service bought to you by the
Technical Publications Department,
in conjunction with Ray Cowan (postscript doctoring) and
Tony Johnson (web interface).