Pspice and Capture 16.0, for Windows
Install main application
The basic idea for running the application is to install it on your local
drive using the Xweb interface. It requires about 750 MB of disk space.
This completes the client PC installation process.
Fix initial runtime error
- Depending on how your PC is configured, you may get an initial
error when calling any of the OrCAD products. The error message will
report that a particular DLL file could not be found. To fix this
problem, do the following, after exiting the application completely:
- Copy file (top-level OrCAD install Folder)\tools\bin\RWUXThemeS.dll
to Folder C:\WINNT\system32, saving any existing copy of that file that
may already be in the latter Folder.
- That should fix the problem. On my PC, it took a very long time,
perhaps two minutes, for a product such as 'Capture' to come up.
Install update ISR2
- Update "ISR2" requires an existing installation of OrCAD 16.0. To
install ISR2, go to the Xweb entry for OrCAD 16.0, which you may still
have open and select "Step 2": "Update ISR2".
- You may need to once again agree to the usual license conditions,
before reaching the next page on which you again select Step 2 "Update ISR2".
- On the next "File Download" page, you can choose either "Run" or "Save".
The first choice might be easiest. It will download the installation files
and then automatically proceed to install the application. The "Save" option
only downloads the installation files. You would then have to go to the
location where you saved the downloaded files and doubleclick on the *.exe
file, which would initiate the install.
- After the download phase has completed, a "Security Warning" prompts you
whether you want continue and "Run" the (installation program). Click on "Run".
- The next (automatic) phase involves unzipping the downloaded files,
which takes several minutes, often with no window present to indicate what
- The vendor installation program finally appears, with the
"Setup fo Release OrCAD 16.000 ISR " screen, in which you click on 'Next'.
- On the following "License Agreement" screen, click on 'Yes' to
agree to the license terms.
- On the following "Choose Destination Location" screen, the default
path displayed should actually be the correct location of your existing
installation of OrCAD 16.0. If not, you can Browse your way there and click
- Following the "Installation Summary" page, the update installation
proceeds silently. Once completed, the "Update Complete" window pops us,
in which you can click on 'Finish'.
Copyright, and Other Fine Print ]
Last updated: Feb 2, 2008