PADS 2004 for Windows NT/XP
The basic approach is to install PADS2004 through the Xweb interface to your local disk.
It requires about 480 MB of disk space.
Installing to local PC drive
- Begin by going to the Xweb application installation webpage:
- In the list of applications that appears, find "PADS PADS2004"
and click on the "Install Now" button to its right.
- In the following menu, agree with the usual license agreement matters.
- Click through the initial, standard windows until you arrive at menu
"Choose Licensing Scheme". Select option "Network License" and "Next".
- On the next screen, you are prompted to enter license server info:
These entries will have to be fixed separately after the installation, to include
the other two servers, as described below.
- On the next "Choose Destination" menu, 'browse' to a local Folder where you would
like to have the application installed, or select the default displayed.
Then click on 'Next'.
- In the following "Select Features" menu, select these items, the ones
for which we have licenses:
- On the next "Enter Project Path" screen you are prompted to browse
to the local Folder where you would like to store design files.
- In the next "Preserve Configuration Files" menu there are
two choices: to to preserve settings from a previous
version of PowerPCB, or not. If you choose to preserve an earlier
powerpcb.ini file, Browse to its location, click on 'Next'.
Complete the details of which items to preserve from the earlier PowerPCB.ini
file, using the following 'Configuration File Sections' screen.
- In the following "Enter Library Path" menu, select either the default
or browse to another Folder of your choice for installing library files.
Alternatively, you can browse to another location to access existing libraries.
- The installation then begins.
- After the installation completes, you are prompted to register,
optionally, which you can decide however you prefer.
- You are then returned to the Xweb installation page, which you can then exit.
Running PADS with EPD
- As system Administrator, check the setting of your license environment variable
by going to the 'start', 'settings', 'control panel', 'system',
(Advanced, for Win XP) 'environment' menu.
- Find environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE
Make sure you don't have this variable set as both a system variable and a user
variable in an incompatible way. If not already set correctly, set or add to
the front of the exising list, the value:
This completes the installation process to the local PC drive.
- Apparently EPD2004 and PADS2004 cannot be run a the same time. To switch between
the two applications requires certain steps, spelled out in the "Switching between
EPD2004 and PADS on the same computer" section of the
Copyright, and Other Fine Print ]
Last updated: May 6, 2004