Orca Foundry 2001 for Windows NT
Because of the new licensing scheme, no longer Flexlm-based, it would be good
to remove any existing setup for any earler version of Orca. The setup for
version F2001 is similar to that for the previous
Installation to local PC drive
Procedure for installing the program on the local PC drive.
- Log on with local system administrator privileges.
- Begin by going to the usual Xweb webpage:
- Find the entry "Orca Foundry 2001" and click on "Multiple Step Install"
to the right.
- The next screen shows two clickable choices at the bottom. Click on Step 1 "Install".
- On the bottom of the next license policy page, click on "I Agree" at
- On the next page, click again on "Step 1" Install", even though it's
of course redundant.
- On the next "File Download" page, you can choose either "Run" or "Save".
The first choice might be easiest. It will download the installation files
and then automatically proceed to install the application. The "Save" option
only downloads the installation files. You would then have to go to the
location where you saved the downloaded files and doubleclick on the *.exe
file, which would initiate the install.
- On the next security warning page, click again on "Run", in case that
is what you chose in the previous step. The install files are downloaded
- After disappearing briefly, the setup procedure brings up the "Installer"
window, where you click on 'Next'.
- In the next "Installer" window you are prompted for the security key,
- In the next "Installer" window you check the "I accept ..." option and
click on 'Next'.
- In the following "Installer" window you browse to the *local* Folder where you want to install (download) the Orca Foundry application. This could be under C:\Program Files\, for example.
- In the following "Installer" you can accept the 'Typical' option, and
- Click 'Next' on the next summary page.
- This completes the local installation procedure.
Copyright, and Other Fine Print ]
Last updated: May 10, 2005