LLRF Preliminary Design ReviewSeptember 26th, 2005, 10 am to 12pm, Red Slate Conference Room (Rm. 114), Building 280C
Background MaterialRead these documents prior to the review, to learn more about LINAC noise levels:
Pulse shaping to eliminate high power circulator for RF Gun
- PAC 2001 TPAH105 pdf
- Temperature stability of RF components Apr 05 pdf
- PEP Master Source Phase Shifter Apr 05 pdf
- LCLS RF Reference and control May 04 pdf
- RF Controls Requirements 1 1-301B Sep 05 pdf Physics Requirements Document, Revision 1
Design Review Committee:
John Fox (chair) Larry Doolittle Paul Emma Joe Frisch Keith Jobe Dan Van Winkle
Charge to the Committee:The reviewers will be given the LCLS LLRF performance requirements, and are asked to critically assess the proposed designs for LCLS operation requirements. The committee is requested to:
- 1. Identify and quantify technical issues related to the LLRF design and fabrication.
- 2. Determine if the design will meet LCLS requirements.
- 3. Identify any technical issues not already included in the design and fabrication plans.
- 4. Determine if mechanical design and the fabrication are reasonable based upon the proposed schedule.
- 5. Make comments and suggestions for improving the design, construction and safety.
- 6. Write a report of the committee's comments and recommendations.
Agenda and Presentations10am to 12pm:
12pm to 1pm:
- Introduction and Charge to committee pdf - Jose Chan (10min)
- Overview and Controls Interface and Timing WBS 126.96.36.199.1 pdf - Ron Akre (15min)
- LLRF and Beam-based Longitudinal Feedback pdf- Dayle Kotturi (10min)
- LLRF Phase Reference System WBS 188.8.131.52.2 pdf - Alan Hill (15min)
- Beam Phase Monitor Cavity WBS 184.108.40.206.4 pdf- Vojtech Pacak (15min)
- LLRF Monitor and Control System WBS 220.127.116.11.3 pdf - Ron Akre (20min)
- LLRF Control System pdf - Dayle Kotturi (20min)
Review Committee's Comments
- Committee discussion - closed
LCLS Controls | LCLS SLC-Aware IOC | EPICS at SLAC | SLAC Computing | SLAC Networking | SLAC Home
Contact: Dayle Kotturi
Last Modified: September 22, 2005