When an IOC is born
This is a supplement to "IOC Release Procedure" (see the reference below). When an IOC is ready to be deployed to PROD, the following things may happen, depending on the request sent out to epicsmgr by an IOC engineer:1. Check if this IOC is for LCLS, FACET or Test Facilties (XTA, GTF, ASTA ...)
2. Create directories for the IOC in $IOC and $IOC_DATA
- for LCLS and FACET
- mkdir $IOC/nodename
- mkdir $IOC_DATA/nodename
- mkdir $IOC_DATA/nodename/iocInfo
- for Test Facilities
- run /afs/slac/g/acctest/tools/script/setup-acctest-ioc
- mkdir $IOC/nodename; fs setacl $IOC/nodename g-acctest write
- mkdir $IOC_DATA/nodename; chgrp -R acctest $IOC_DATA/nodename; chmod g+s $IOC_DATA/nodename
4. Ask Judy or Jingchen to add the IOC to screeniocs file, the configuration file for iocConsole
- For Development, update $IOC/All/Dev/screeniocs as your AFS account
- For Test Facilities, update $IOC/All/Acctest/screeniocs as your AFS account
- For LCLS, update $IOC/All/Prod/screeniocs as epicsmgr
- For FACET, update $IOC/All/Prod/screeniocs as fepicsmgr
Be sure to cvs commit screeniocs
5. If that is a softIOC, and when you are asked to create a system startup
- For LCLS, add the startup on lcls-daemon1 or lcls-daemon0 (for Matlab support softIOCs or Linac Upgrade related softIOCs), following the examples!!!
- For FACET, add the startup on facet-daemon1
- For Test Facilities, add the startup on testfac-daemon1
6. If a CW (ChannelWatcher) startup is requested,
- For LCLS, add the startup on lcls-daemon2, following the examples.
- For FACET, add the startup on facet-daemon1.
- For Test Facilities, add the startup on testfac-daemon2
1. LCLS Soft IOC Release Procedure
2. LCLS Hard IOC Release Procedure
Contact: Jingchen Zhou (X4661, jingchen@slac). Last edited on 12/16/11 .