SLAC CPE Software
This web page describes the procedures to recovery files from our NFS server (MCCFS8)
- Login as root on MCCFS8 (NFS Server)
- Type: nwrecover ( /usr/bin/nwrecover )
- You can expand the tree directory by directory by clicking on the "+" or type in the full path in "Location"
- If you want to recover a directory and everything below it click on the empty box next to the directory. This will select the directory and all directories and files below it.
- If you want only file(s) click on the empty box next to the file or files to select them.
- If you would like to recover a file that was deleted a while ago you can click on "Options"-> "Change Browse Time" to choose a date when the file was available.
- Click on the to start the recovery operation
- Choose your recovery option from this menu:
- If the menu below pops up: -You will need to unmount current tape and insert the requested tape.
- Go to the http://mccfs8:9000 (Username:
- Click on Start
- This will load Java and present the following login screen:
- Login as "administrator" and enter password
- It will bring up the following:
- Double-Click on NetWorker
- Click on the "Devices" icon on the top row and then click on "Devices" on the left hand column
- There are 2 tapes available - FULL - and INC
- Select the tape you want to remove. (if the tape requested has FULL in the name, then unmount the FULL tape - then eject/Withdraw
- Once selected - use the right mouse button to bring up a menu:
- Select Unmount
- Select Eject/Withdraw
- Go to the Tape library and get the requested tape
- Make sure the tape is write-protected
- Remove the current tape and insert the requested tape
- In the Admin GUI Highlight the device again and choose "Mount"
- This should mount the inserted tape and show the volume label requested by the software
- Go back to the "Recover" App and click on "Yes" once the tape is mounted
- When file/files are restored you will need to remove the requested tape and insert the current backup tape.
- Go back to the Admin GUI and Right click on the device and choose "Unmount" -> then "Eject/Withdraw"
- Go to the Tape drive and remove the requested tape and insert the current backup tape
- Put the requested tape back into the library
- Go to the Admin Gui and right click on the device and choose "Mount"
- This will mount the current backup tape
[SLAC CPE Software
Engineering Group][ SLAC Home Page]
Author: Ken Brobeck, 10-Aug-2007