SLAC ESD Software Engineering
This web page gives information on how to Backup and Restore files from SCCS
| SCCS Backup/Restore
SCCS provides certain backup for filesystems on taylored hosts.
- Send a message to unix-admin (Lance Nakata), requesting a backup for
some filesysem on a host.
- SCCS will setup and install the ITSM (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager) client software on the host.
The /var/www directory on physics-elog gets backed up nightly to SCCS tape.
- With sudo privilege on physics-elog, one can perform a restore using
either of these 2 commands:
(I prefer the Java GUI)
- sudo /usr/bin/dsm (GUI)
- sudo /usr/bin/dsmj (Java GUI)
- One can restore the data to an alternate location. This info is a bit dated but still relevant:
- login physics-elog
- sudo /usr/bin/dsmj
- Select Restore in BACKUP panel
- Follow the following, e.g., to restore init.xml:
- Select PHYSICS-ELOG -> File Level -> /var/www -> TESTelog -> data ->comments
- Highlight init.xml and select
- Select Restore to restore the file
[SLAC ESD Software Engineering