SourceSafe oversees shared files. It ensures that a shared file is not simultaneously edited by more than one person. It also allows rollbacks, meaning that if the latest version of a shared file contains major errors, we can discard this version and return to an early version of the file.
At the minimum, you should familiarize yourself with the basic features.
Using SourceSafe - Basic Features
- Getting the latest version of files/folders
- Checking out files/folders
- Checking in files/folders
- Undo check out files/folders
- Adding files to a SourceSafe folder
Using SourceSafe - Advanced Features
- Removing files from a SourceSafe folder
- Adding and Removing Folders