Detector Design Questions
- Any advantage in 3 layers versus 2? Two layers gives same
resolution, and is more compatible with E161.
- To be compatible with E161, have 1 cm by 3 cm fingers.
Turn long way for E161, short way for E160. J/psi resolution
is not significantly affected by extra multiple scattering.
- Do we need a 45 degree layer for "ghost" ambiguities?
- How many E155x fingers and/or PMTs can we re-use?
- Do we need to have a dead zone on the beam plane due
to large number of Bethe-Heitler muon pairs? Should there be
special detectors here?
- How are background rates from all sources, especially
- Are there any good detectors at Fermilab or elsewhere
that we could use?