Photon Beam Questions
Is existing goniometer good enough?
- Should we get diamonds from S. Africa as well as Yerevan?
They make nice synthetic diamonds, and are interested in joining.
- Can diamonds be thined down by keeping thicker edges?
Worry is that beam will be too side at 48 GeV due to
- What A-line optics will be used to obtain best possible
collimation? (ties into above)
- Is shielding and sweeping magnet adequate as in proposal,
or do we need two collimators and two sweeping magnets.
- What is background from the electron beam dump. Is
existing shielding adequate for 48 GeV?
- At what stage is Compton polarimeter needed? Should it
be in right from the beginning?
- Should we have a dedicated electron/positron pair spectrometer
to monitor flux versus energy?
- Do we need beam hardener before E159?
- Should we be folding GLAST tests into planning? Can photon
flux be reduced to average of one photon per beam spill?
- Is SEQ far enough from detectors to avoid backgrounds?
- Should there be a photon beam position monitor (sci fi)?
Is so, should it be upstream or downstream of collimator?