E-150 Collaborators and Sub-Groups
Back to the E-150 Home Page
The E-150 Collaboration consists of about 28 physicists and engineers
from 10 institutions (universities and national laboratories) in the
U.S. and Japan; most of them are listed below, with some contact information
(if available). (If your information is wrong, or you are missing from
this list, please let me know, e-mail:
A phone list containing pager and home phone numbers is also available,
(and posted in Bldgs. 407A,B) but not on the web.
- University of California, Los Angeles
Dept. of Physics, 405 Hilgard Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90095-1547.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Center for Beam Physics,
One Cyclotron Road, MS 71-259,
Berkeley, CA 94720
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
P.O. Box 808, Livermore, CA 94551
- Hector A. Baldis,
(925)422-0101, Fax: (925)423-2463,
- Paul Bolton,
(925) 422-8726, Fax: (925) 423-5998,
- William White, L-251,
- Peter E. Young, L-251,
- National Laboratory for High-Energy Physics
AC Division, 1-1 Oho, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken 305, Japan
(Phone Prefix 011-81)
Faculty of Science Department of Physics
1-3-1, Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8526
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
P.O.Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510-500
- Patrick L. Colestock, MS 306, (630)840-8030,
- Curtis Crawford, MS 307, (630)840-2394,
(currently at SLAC, MS 26, (650)926-5460)
- Robert J. Noble, MS 307, (630)840-2374,
- University of Southern California
Department of Electrical Engineering/Electrophysics,
Bldg. OHE 106 Mail Code 1455,
University Park, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- University of Rochester
Laboratory for Laser Energetics,
University of Rochester,
250 E. River Road,
Rochester, NY 14623
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
P.O.Box 4349, Stanford, CA 94309.
- William Baumgartner, MS 66, 650-926-3512,,
- Pisin Chen*, MS 26, 650-926-3384,
- Wesley W. Craddock, MS 53, 650-926-2264,
- F. J. Decker,MS 66, 650-926-3606,
- Clive Field, MS 65, 650-926-2694,
- R. Iverson, MS 55, 650-926-2361,
- F. King, MS 74, 650-926-2296,
- Robert E. Kirby, MS 74, 650-926-2795,
- Theo Kotseroglou, MS 66, 650-926-5334, Page # 650-846-9947,
- Johnny Ng, MS 26, 650-926-4490,
- Dieter R. Walz, 650-926-2786,
- Yiton Yan, (650)926-3315
- University of Tennessee
We also gratefully acknowledge help from designers, engineers,
and technicians at SLAC, Fermilab and the Universities for the
design, production and installation of the various instruments
which form part of the E-150 apparatus,
as well as from the operators of the Stanford Linear Collider
for the operation of the FFTB beamline.
Note: To send e-mail to all collaborators at once, send it to
Please send only items of interest to all of us;
for queries from outside the E-150 collaboration, you may send
e-mail to the spokespersons (or the page owner).
The various subsystems of E-150 suggest an organization
of our collaboration into subgroups; members and leaders
of such subgroups were first proposed by Pisin Chen at the end
of the Collaboration Meeting on March 9, 1998.
(This list last modified on March 8 and June 24, 1999, to reflect changes.
* Group leader
- Beamline Modifications & Laser Transport:
D. Walz*, P. Bolton, P. Chen, W. White, D. Meyerhofer.
- Gas Jet Production:
W. Craddock, D.Cline, Y. Fukui, V. Kumar
- Laser Systems:
D. Meyerhofer*, W. White, Th. Kotseroglou, C. Crawford,
- Plasma Diagnostics:
P.E. Young*, H. A. Baldis, P. Bolton, Y. Fukui.
- Beam Size Measurement:
R. Kirby*, F. King, C. Field.
- Synchrotron Radiation Monitor:
C. Field, J. Ng*, P. Chen.
- Control & Data Acquisition:
A. Weidemann, J. Ng*, F. King, P. Anthony, Y. Fukui.
- Beam Operations:
R. Iverson*, F.-J. Decker, W. Baumgartner, A. Weidemann,
J. Ng, S. Chattopadhyay, A. Sessler.
- Simulation and Analysis:
A. Sessler, H. Baldis, P. Chen*, Y. Fukui, R. Noble, P. Colestock,
J. Ng, T. Katsouleas, Y. Yan.
Of course, if your name appears in any particular subgroup,
it does not mean that you should not also contribute to
the work of the other groups, or any task which might not
have been addressed by this scheme.
If your name does not appear here, please let the subgroup of
your choice know of your availability!
Back to the E-150 Home Page
This page was created by Achim W. Weidemann.
For questions or suggestions, please send email to
This page was last modified on September 3, 1999 by
Achim W. Weidemann.