ID Tracking and Pixel Subsystem
The pixel web page is in the process of being moved to
Confluence Wiki. Updated information for several areas are now available on
Web pages and Documentations
SLAC pixel meetings
ID Tracking and Alignment
Pixel Software Documentations
Simulation and Geometry
(Based on initial information from Marian Zdrazil)
- Pixel Detector Geometry (Previous main developer: Davide Costanza)
- Pixel Digitization Simulation (Original developer David Calvet left ATLAS 5 years ago)
- There are two packages - SiDigitization and PixelDigitization - for the pixel detector. SiDigitization is more general, used both for SCT and Pixel detectors.
- General digitization control, Digitization tutorial, Digitization example in workbook
- The main package can be inspected from the Brookhaven LXR (http://reserve02.usatlas.bnl.gov/lxr/source/atlas)
there are also:
and old G3 code in other directories.
- One of the goals of our improvements is to adapt the Hans Bichsel
calculation for ionization fluctuation in silicon (Mod
Rev Phys 60, p663) which is essential in the case the active silicon is
divided into many thin slices. The argument for this improved ionization
simulation is common to the needed simulation for Linear Collider vertex
detectors with thin active silicon as explained in
presentation. The need to model ATLAS pixel signals with fine division of
contributions from various thin layers at different depths can be best
appreciated from the
SLAC seminar by Morris Swartz, where he explained the complex signal
collection modelling needed for the varying electric field at different
depths which also changes with time as radiation dose level increases.
- Project status:
- Other simulation related info:
Main documentation are the presentations in the software sessions of the pixel weeks (can be searched on the CERN agenda server - agenda.cern.ch), source code, documentation at LXR (http://reserve02.usatlas.bnl.gov/lxr/source/atlas) and few ATLAS notes which are not complete and not at all up to date:
- The Silicon Trackers transient detector description
- The Silicon Trackers Event Data Model for the DC0 software,
- Electrical Characteristics of Silicon Pixel Sensors
- Silicon Trackers digitization framework
- Simulation of the pixel detector Module Control Circuit
- Test-beam measurement of the detection efficiency of ATLAS Pixel production modules ATL-COM-INDET-2005-013 and ATL-INDET-INT-2005-007
There is nobody responsible for the development of these packages now.
Sasha Rozanov is the convener of the ATLAS pixel software group.
Last modified: Tue Oct 18 09:16:47 PDT 2005