Hadronic Calibration Workshop

Visa Information

Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

On a reciprocal basis, citizens of participating countries may enter the U.S. for short-term business or tourist visits without having to obtain a B-1/B-2 visa stamp at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Some of the detailed information on e.g. which countries and airlines participate, requirements on machine readable passport and proof of short stay and support etc are best to find out directly from the U.S. Department of State web site, as they are updated from time to time. It should be noted in particular that since Jan/2010, the VWP system requires application starting with the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) system online BEFORE the travel, instead of the previous system of during the travel. It is advisable in particular to check early if your passport is electronically readable and compatible with this online system. A few ATLAS people got caught by this late for previous ATLAS meetings in the US. The ESTA system has $14 fee since Sep/8/2010.

Business visitor B-1 Visa

If your country does NOT participate in the VWP, you must obtain a B-1 (business) entry visa stamp before entering the US. Information on the B-1 visa can be found at US Embassies or Consulates. Please note that obtaining a B-1 visa can be a lengthy process, so begin the process of obtaining a visa soon.  The information needed to generate an invitation letter for visa application should be supplied by filling the VISA invitation letter request form [docx, pdf]

If you have further questions regarding your visa, please contact the SLAC International Office.

Privacy Statement - Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Valid CSS!