Go forward to GDB Bugs
Go backward to Annotations
Go up to Top
Go to the top op gdb
The GDB/MI Interface
Function and Purpose
GDB/MI is a line based machine oriented text interface to GDB. It is
specifically intended to support the development of systems which use
the debugger as just one small component of a larger system.
This chapter is a specification of the GDB/MI interface. It is
written in the form of a reference manual.
Note that GDB/MI is still under construction, so some of the
features described below are incomplete and subject to change.
Notation and Terminology
This chapter uses the following notation:
* `|' separates two alternatives.
* `[ SOMETHING ]' indicates that SOMETHING is optional: it may or
may not be given.
* `( GROUP )*' means that GROUP inside the parentheses may repeat
zero or more times.
* `( GROUP )+' means that GROUP inside the parentheses may repeat
one or more times.
* `"STRING"' means a literal STRING.
In alphabetic order: Andrew Cagney, Fernando Nasser, Stan Shebs and
Created Mon Nov 8 17:42:40 2004 on tillpc with info_to_html version 0.9.6.