UNIX Related Information
18 Apr 1996
UNIX at SLAC
This is a compilation of links to other information of interest to
the SLAC UNIX Community.
Tip Sheets and FAQs+
+(Frequently Asked Questions)
- Tom Pavel's personal tips
- Tom's tips on setting up emacs, keyboards, and the C shell.
- A compendium of information about Elm and pointers to FAQs,
System Administration Info
- How to Use UNIX M (Maintenance) Accounts*
- A document by Ilse Vinson for
those who are installing public applications on UNIX and those who
want to find out about aspects of the process.
- How to Manage a Workstation at SLAC*
- by Tom Pavel, targeted for
those who don't run "tailor" as the SCS-managed workstations do. Has
useful conceptual information, even for those who do.