Physics Tools Developed at SLAC
SLAC 8 August 2002
Physics Analysis and Simulation Tools
Following are some physics simulation and analysis tools developed at SLAC
or by SLAC collaborators.
- C++ toolkit for doing detector simulation and event reconstruction.
- A general purpose package for the Monte Carlo simulation of the coupled
transport of electrons and photons in an arbitrary geometry.
- A package for 'tuple viewing and manipulation.
- MIDAS, HANDYPAK, JAZELLE, IDA
- An Interactive Data Analysis Package, Histogramming and Display Package
and Jazelle data management system used by
Other Physics-Related Software Collections
- CERNLIB and Anaphe
- The CERN program library including GEANT3, PAW and HBOOK, and the CERNLIB successor, Anaphe.
- The CERN Geant4 detector simulation toolkit.
- Collection of software and information about software
which is useful in high energy physics and related fields.
- Software tools developed at Fermilab.
- The symbolic computer algebra system.