Workbook for BaBar Offline Users - To Do List
This is the list of things to do for the BaBar Offline Users Workbook.
Specific sections that need updating:
14September2005: The Workbook has been updated for CM2 and
analysis-26. Still a few later chapters to be updated.
Keep looking for a tool that can assemble the html pages into a useful
Continually check the wrapping of the workbook. If lines within
"pre" tags are too long, the resulting pages can leave the
user having to scroll horizontally to see content (unless they devote
a large amount of screen space to the browser).
Replace any outstanding < and > with correct tags
"<" and ">", and similarly replace
quots with ". Don't forget to check code
examples. Continually also check html validation for 4.01
Mention problem of errors causing large core files which cause
red-herring over quota errors. Should we advise users to suppress
core files? How is this done? For tcsh, in .login, insert the line:
limit coredumpsize 0
Talk to Bebo about accumulating statistics on Workbook hits.
Absorb contents from some of the BaBar FAQ items (those items that
most offline analysis users will need to know).
Add information on Freeware Ssh client for NT called TeraTermPro.
Tell user about gmake.clean to recover from problems.
Take content from the Computing Information Resources page:
Add a subsection "In case of computing problems".
Have subsequent sections of the Workbook refer back to this section.
Advise users to check the following:
- SLAC Computing Outages and Changes hypernews
- OO Databases hypernews
- BABAR Computing Environment hypernews
- Preliminary/unconfirmed bugs, problems, frustrations, fixes hypernews
- Remedy - BABAR Problem Tracking System
- If sending to unix-admin, include lots of details, console logs
- Is the "which" command listed?
Test xemacs oobrowser instructions.
- Update for CM2
- Get someone to write a section on the OSF debugger, ladebug.
- Needs checking as is combination of two original workbook
sections, beta2 and analysis, one of which was previously much later
in the Workbook
- This is currently removed. Should it be put back? And with what details??
- Needs a complete overhaul. Possibly abandon and keep just sim
- Needs checking for analysis-26 CM2 era
- Basically pretty well done
- Needs total overhaul to make sure it is CM2 compatible and still
- Needs CM2 overhaul
Give the Great Circle part of the coding section a full tutorial example.
- Needs CM2 overhaul - major overhaul and rewrite for CM2-era
- Needs CM2 overhaul
- Needs actually to be written
Last modification: 22 June 2005
Last significant update: 22 June 2005