(Inclusion does not imply
endorsement. Caveat emptor.)
Books by physicists
- "Statistics: a Guide to the Use of Statistical
Methods in the Physical Sciences", Roger Barlow, Wiley, 1989.
- Glen Cowan's Statistical
Data Analysis (Oxford University Press).
- "Statistical Methods in Experimental Physics",
Eadie, Drijard, James, Roos, and Sadoulet, American Elsevier, 1971.
- "Probability and Statistics in Particle Physics",
Skjeggestad, Tofte, Universitetsforlaget, 1979.
- "Statistics for Nuclear and Particle Physics", Louis
Cambridge University Press, 1986.
Books by statisticians
- Kendall and Stuart, "The Advanced Theory of
Statistics" (4th ed., or other), often regarded as an authoritative
Goodness of fit
- Scott, "Multivariate density estimation", John Wiley
& Sons, 1992.
- D'Agostino and Stephens, "Goodness-of-fit
techniques", Marcel Dekker, 1986.
- Webb, "Statistical pattern
recognition", 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- Hastie, Tibshirani and
Friedman, "The elements of statistical learning", Springer series in
- Adrian Bevan's notes on multivariate analysis
2006 SLUO lectures on statistics.
2000 SLUO lectures on statistics.
- A document based on a set of lectures, by a
physicist: George Yost, "Lectures on Probability and Statistics",
- Glen Cowan's course
on computing and statistical data analysis.