Tips on Understanding Objectivity-related Problems
It is not always easy to understand the real problem. Following the instructions below is likely to help you identify and solve the problem promptly.
- Is that really an Objectivity related problem? It is not always obvious to determine that. Clearly, if you find "Objectivity/DB Error #X". it is worth assuming it might be.
- Often, the key to success is one short message hidden between hundreds of others. Scan all error messages for key messages. Some of the key messages include:afs: failed to store file (over quota or partition full)
If you find such message between error messages reported by your application, click the link corresponding to the error you are getting and follow the instructions.
- Carefully study the first (or the first group) of error messages. Often an application reports hundreds of error messages, but only the first few carry the information about the real problem. I am getting a database related error - what happened? might help.
- Study carefully the last (or the last group) of error messages. It is not unusual to find the information about the real problem at the bottom of an error report. I am getting a database related error - what happened? might help.
- Study other error messages reported by your application. Again, use I am getting a database related error - what happened? .
- Report an error to us. Follow the instruction in Reporting a problem.
BaBar Public Site | SLAC | News | Links | Who's Who | Contact Us
Page Owner: Jacek Becla
Last Update: June 13, 2002