A workshop on semileptonic and
radiative rare B decays
Wednesday-Friday, December 4-6, 2002
This workshop aims to bring theorists and BABAR experimentalists
together for a reappraisal of the theoretical and experimental
uncertainties and prospects related to semileptonic and radiative
rare B decay measurements. A similar workshop was held in December
The intent is to have an informal meeting focussing on physics
issues, primarily the interpretation of the measurements, linkage
between b->u and b->s measurements, moments, lattice calculations,
form factors, etc. Presentations by experimenters and theorists
should be short (10 minutes, except for the overview talks on
Wednesday), with lots of time for discussions.
Talks will be posted to the BaBar internal web. While theoretical
talks will be publicly available, the experimental talks (with not-yet
preliminary results) will be restricted to BABAR members only.
The workshop is scheduled for December 4-6, 2002 and will start on
Wednesday afternoon with introductory overview talks by theorists.
The agenda with links to the presentations is available in two versions: public and
Postscript versions of the agenda are available on two pages and on one page.
- Registration is closed for this event.
- When: December 4-6, 2002
- Where: SLAC, Orange Room (the Wednesday talks will
be in the Panofsky Auditorium)
- Accomodations: Hotels near
SLAC from the
page and the
- Contributions: Participants are encouraged to provide:
- CD-ROM with .pdf or .ps or .ps.gz file or
- URL with .pdf or .ps or .ps.gz file or
- floppy disk with .pdf or .ps or .ps.gz file or
- just the transparencies and we'll scan them
- Phone Conference: Wed, 14:00 - 17:00: Call 510-665-5437 passcode: 4483
PDF is the preferred format. A computer with projector as well as an overhead projector will be
available during the workshop. So computer based presentations need
not to be printed on transparencies.
An incomplete list of recent papers on semileptonic physics can be found on
| Last modified: Dec. 4, 2002