List of Goals for L3 Group - October 1998
This lists goals to be completed in preparation for the L3 running during the '98 Cosmic Ray Run. The order does not specify priority nor expected order of completion of tasks.
- Establish that L3 tools (L3Dch and L3Emt) work from Tagged Containers (TC).
- Build 2 executables:
- The non OEP version that has access to all MC truth for diagnostic purposes.
- The shared memory version, i.e. the real L3! We need to include in this some thinking about appropriate diagnostics, especially if this is to be the version used for the cosmic-ray run.
- Time the tools, including TC access.
- Time the full L3 in the shared memory version, including Framework overhead!
- Configure a trigger using the parser and/or the grocery list.
- Build more of the L1 fiducial tests. The physics group was informed about the need to specify these in August. Follow-up is needed.
- Understand the implementation of prescales. Some help is needed in defining how to do this.
- Finish cosmic-ray filter for checkout run in November.
- Define the output from L3, i.e. what should we add to the event.
- Determine and implement a scheme for configuration for L3-OEP.
- Convert L3 code to use ErrLogger instead of cout and cerr.