Trigger Operation Meeting (2/5/08)
Attendees: Rainer Bartoldus, Su Dong, Mark Tibbetts, Rahmat Rahmat, Steve Sekula, Silke Nelson, Kim Hojeong.
Date : Feb. 5th, 2008
Time : 2:00pm - 3:30pm PST
SLAC Room : Madrone conf room, ROB
Dial-in : 1-510-665-5437, pass code 6649#
--- Minutes ---
- IFR shows about 1.5 ticks away. In Fast Monitoring, it has error bar which got bigger for IFR and thus all agrees within the error bar. The error is RMS, so the fact that it got bigger means we have more background. JAS plot doesn't have error bar and looks more serious. Put it in short-term instruction to ignore this.
- When removing Objectivity, a d_type Boolian is changed to bool. EMT packages are fixed for this change. Other trigger codes are not affected.
- Lumi ratios are compared for before Jan 5th trigger (Y(4S) trigger on Y(3S) run) and after. Look at text output of ratios, before plots, and after plots. (Look at p.3 for the ps files.) The change in the ratios are not big at all. It'll be interesting to see Y(4S) trigger on Y(4S) run too.
- We'll go through bad runs list next week.
- Steve will make a trigger efficiency plot for physics modes with Zt line in (similar one as in NIM paper, but that one is before Zt line
Trickle injection monitoring
- Rainer studied 4Gamma filter and 3Gamma filter (they are exclusive). The efficiency from signal MC is here and from L3-78286 run is here. (For full output look at log files without "-short".) The plots for signal MC is here and for L3-78286 is here.
- Steve's report on trigger and reconstruction efficiencies is here.
- Steve and Rainer will test how useful 3Gamma filter is. If reconstruction efficiency is too low, not worth to put it in which will only increase background.
- Silke's study on trigger rate on 3S run is here. Need to check what the cross-section is from generator.
- Hojeong will be away from Feb 29th until March 17th. We need somebody who will carry pager for THE last weeks of BaBar run.
This page was created by Kim Hojeong; however, you are welcome to edit and/or correct above items, specially for those who attended the meeting. Thanks.
Last Modified: Feb. 5th, 2008.