Trigger Operation Meeting (01/22/08)
Attendees: Rainer Bartoldus, Su Dong, Mark Tibbetts, Rahmat Rahmat, Debbie Bard, Kim Hojeong, Steve Sekula.
Date : January 22nd, 2008
Time : 2:00pm - 3:30pm PST
SLAC Room : Madrone conf room, ROB
Dial-in : 1-510-665-5437, pass code 6649#
--- Minutes ---
- DCC board for TSF-X replaced by Selina and Hojeong on Friday around 5pm. The old board is in teststand.
- This morning there was a power dip, and had many "spurious" errors on ROM log. Other than that, the ROM log hasn't shown much errors since. Maybe more stable but too soon to judge.
- As Rainer suggested, I ask DIRC if they see any change in their bad timing after the board change. Since the problem was due to trickling, the effect is expected to be small. Jose will let us know if he sees any effect.
- Emailed on hot tower. It was a short run with high background. No EMT problem.
- During calibration after power dip, EMC calibration failed, and EMT calibration seems never tried. Mark will update the instruction, in case EMC calibration fails, perform a stand alone EMT calibration.
- The ratios of Lumi Bhabha (Lumi GamGam, Lumi multihadron) over mu pair went down during 3S run. Is it expected? Look at p.121 of this file
- The ratio of recorded Luminosity (from ir2runs) over MuPair counting (from BtaLumiCountnPlot) in Y(3S) run is lower. Look at HN posting
- The change maybe due to acceptance change (smaller) and/or muon crosssection at 3S resonance (bigger). The acceptance change was introduced on Jan 5th. Looking before and after Jan 5th to compare would be useful.
Trickle injection monitoring
- Regarding Y(3S)->Y(1S)pi0pi0 triggering, look at the following posts:
- Trigger Configuration Stdy for Y(3S) (link) by Su Dong
- L3 effect (link) by Rainer
- Recoil mass plots (link) by Steve
This page was created by Kim Hojeong; however, you are welcome to edit and/or correct above items, specially for those who attended the meeting. Thanks.
Last Modified: Jan 22nd, 2008.