IFR Trickle Injection June 2003
Problems with last experience of Trickle Injection
(Old Forward Endcap)
- Main problems were trips of LV PS (also some trips of the HV)
New Forward Endcap
- New HV distribution and new LV PS!
- During normal run we had a problem with LV PS.
Problems which could appear with Trickle Injection in June:
- Trip of HV PS ---> mainly in external layers ---> reset from epics (as usual).
- Trip of LV PS ---> mainly external layers could be the cause ---> reset from switches in EH. We will provide clear labels and instructions.
- There is also a risk that we need to go in!
Plan for Trickle Injection
- IFR will start with external layers (13-16) OFF.
- Monitoring of the behavior of HV (currents, trips...) for layers 1-12.
- Monitoring of the behavior of LV PS.
- We will procede step by step to turn ON external layers
---> each time monitoring the behavior.
- The idea is try to turn ON also external layers,
---> but at this moment we don't know if it is possible to do.
- We will have to monitor FEC occupancy versus time behavior, in order to check if dead FECs occour after the trickle injection.
Last modified: Thu Jun 19 14:41:19 PDT 2003