Forward Endcap cosmics run
- Make sure we are in DENY mode for injection
- From the state machine panel place the detector into manual mode
by pressing the change button under the HV MODE
- Open the IFR EPICS folder (making sure there are no alarms)
- Open the IFR configuration panel from the IFR EPICS folder
- Put the IFR in LOCAL mode by clicking on GLOBAL
- Set the IFR state to INJECTABLE
- Check here
if you have to turn ON some external layers in forwad endcap.
- Set the IFR state to RUNNABLE
- Go into the STANDBY STATE
- From the ORC GUI, click the main control button and select
RUN TYPE. Set the run type to COSMICS_L1PASSTHRU
(this means that L3 doesn't reject some events)
- From the BaBar proxies main panel include the the following
subdetectors: IFR + GLT + DCT + CEN:BIP
- Click on Change trigger mask from the main control button.
The trigger mask is 100000
- Begin a run as usual
The rate should be around 1000 Hz. Usually
200.000 events are taken.
When finished, from ORC:
- End the run
- Return to the STANDBY STATE and then restore the default trigger mask by clicking on CONTROL+ and then
RESTORE_DEFAULTS. Change the run type back to PHYSICS before starting a new run.
- Send an e-mail to IFR Operation Manager indicating the
cosmics run number (thanks).
When finished, from Epics:
- Set IFR to INJECTABLE
- Turn off and mask those channels that you turned on before start
- Return IFR into GLOBAL mode by clicking on LOCAL
- Double check that all the detectors are rumped
down before permetting the injection
- Insert a note of your activities in the logbook and post a hypernews
on IFR Operations
Last modified: 1 March 2005, 10:18:51